As I mentioned a few days ago, I’ve been grilling up a storm lately. If it’s edible, I’ve been throwing it on the grill! On of my favorite foods to grill has been pineapple. There’s something magical that happens when it meets the grill, and despite its sweet flavor, it mixes really well with a savory dinner. (Grilled peaches are pretty amazing too!) These tofu and pineapple kebabs are perfect for 4th of July grilling – I think I’ll make some today myself!
Grilled Tofu and Pineapple Kebabs
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, about an 1″ square
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons agave
- a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- metal or bamboo skewers
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together.
- Thread the tofu, pineapple, bell pepper and onion onto the skewers. Depending on their size, you will have somewhere between 4 and 8 kebabs.
- Place the kebabs in a baking dish and pour the marinade over them. Place the dish in the fridge and let marinate anywhere from 2 hours to overnight.
- Lightly oil the grill and turn the heat on. Once it’s hot, carefully place the kebabs on the grilling grate and close the grill’s lid. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning the kebabs once.
- Remove the kebabs from the grill, and enjoy! Be careful with the skewer – it will be hot!
And while you’ve got the grill fired up, why not throw some asparagus on too?
- One bunch of asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Toss the asparagus with the oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Grill asparagus for about 5 minutes, turning at about halfway through.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste, and then eat up!